Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 July 2011

"...boat-trips on the often cold, but always-picturesque River Forth..."

This weekend we have plans to visit Blackness Boat Club for their Open Day. Once again, we will hope for good weather, pack the picnic basket with goodies and head off towards the coast.

There will be a barbecue as always, there will be drink (both alcoholic and soft) and there will entertainment for all the family. I believe the younger attendees have a ‘bouncy-castle’ amongst other things to keep them occupied.

There will also be boat-trips on the often cold, but always-picturesque River Forth for those whose heart is filled with adventure, or who just want to be thrown about in a small craft and possibly hit by flailing mast and some canvas sheeting. If it’s anything to do with my neighbour two doors up who is a member of the boat club, I will probably be one of the ones hit by the aforementioned items. We do get on well, but he likes the idea of me turning green whilst bobbing about in the open sea.

At some point next week, I will write it up, if I am able.



The weekend after that, my friend Alan and I are planning a series of small but scenic walks through one of the local country parks. There are about six lovely trails through greenery and past a small loch; there is also a nice hill climb that gives you a great view of the landscape for miles around.

Once again the walking boots will have to be looked out, the double sock layer put into effect (double socks usually prevent chaffing and blisters) and the small rucksack filled with a couple of fresh bread rolls, a flask of tea, bottles of water, nut based chocolate bars (chocolate provides energy and nuts provide protein) and some wet-wipes. Wet-wipes are so useful for so many things. I won’t go into detail but I’m sure you can use your imagination.




Anyway, if I get around to it, I will type it up. Until then I bid you goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment