Total Pageviews

Monday 21 January 2013

And I would walk 500 more...

I know that the weather is really terrible at the moment. It's actually snowing heavily outside, but if all goes to plan and the weather is decent, I will start one of the walks I have planned for this year on Friday.

Friday is one of my standard days off work and I really want to get into the walking habit again before the end of the month.

This walk is not particularly long, neither in distance nor in time, but I am not going on a marathon nor trekking across Europe.

This walk is simply a little journey from my home to the town of Linlithgow. All in all a round trip of approximately 6 miles. The good thing about it is not all gradients but not all flat either. 

It begins with a bit of an incline, actually quite a steep incline, until I reach the road that leads off to the local golf course, after that it’s all downhill for a bit. Then it flattens out and the road to Linlithgow is before me. Coming back, the way is just a reverse. I may spend a bit of time in Linlithgow being a tourist.

If my plan does come to fruition, I will let you know. 

In the meantime, I hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy the fresh air and the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment