Total Pageviews

Monday 27 February 2012

Looking before I leap. Even without knowing where I'm leaping. Episode Two... A New Hope.

A long, long, time ago… in a factory far, far away…

To re-cap…

“To be honest I am overwhelmed by the amount of work involved in this role. The number of tasks involved is pretty high and I feel it might have been better getting someone who was already familiar with the job, for example one of the existing trainers and replacing them with someone from the production area, or spread the work load between the other trainers, to slot into the job rather than bringing someone fresh into the role with little or no knowledge of the way things are done.”

On Friday afternoon I had a meeting with my manager.

Although my work has been good so far she feels that they are putting me under too much of a work load, especially with all the new starts coming in over the next few months and the new procedure updates.

So the plan is that they will be spreading the work load between the other trainers.  She thinks it would be better for me and fairer on me if I returned to my original work area next week, but has asked if I would help out Monday and Tuesday (1000 to 1800) of this week. I will then return to ‘my team’ on Wednesday, working Thursday, Friday and Saturday (0600 - 1600).

To be honest, I have no problem with doing this. 

And to be more honest, it is a bit of a relief.

Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment