Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Once the smoke started coming from under the orange casing I knew that all was far from well.

My lawnmower broke down this morning.

I know what you're thinking "How does this guy cope with all the excitement?"

Well to be honest I have no idea. 

I woke this morning full of vigour and a determination to achieve something worthwhile on this misty but bright morning. I have brushed the paths and cleaned up the garden furniture. I even emptied the murky water from the bird bath and refilled it with lovely cool, clean fresh water.

I trimmed the small hedges (just neat, nothing fancy, no shapes or anything). I have pulled some weeds from around the roses, then I began to edge the lawn. Once this was done I lifted the lawnmower from the shed and began the task of cutting the grass.

All was going well until a strange noise started coming from the motor. I am not an engineer, but even to my uneducated ear it did not sound healthy. In fact it sounded positively unhealthy and once the smoke started coming from under the orange casing I knew that all was far from well.

So my plan is now to finish off the remaining half of the garden with the strimmer. I will then relax in the recently cleaned garden chairs listening to the birds splashing about in the fresh water of the bird bath. 

The sun is bright and warm and do not plan to waste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment